Friday, October 09, 2009

A Corina CD found after 17 years of looking

I found a CD that I have been looking for 17 years. It's the 1991 self-titled debut album of Corina Katt Ayala. Better known as Corina, this was an artist that I was a fan of when the album and three songs were extremely popular. The music that she was known to do was called, "Freestyle Music" and yes, I even was into it. Having known about her through the radio station KIIS-FM back when former radio host Rick Dees was on the air. But the smash hit, "Temptation" was No. 1 on the radio. But trust me, it's an album that I purchased on cassette tape.



The three singles that were released where "Temptation," "Now That You're Now," and "Whispers." Now that I have the album, that I found at Hollywood's Amoeba Music Store I am overjoyed to have found it. I wanted to say something to the artist herself, if I may. In hearing the album in its entirely, I can't believe that I still remember the lyrics. The album that I purchased on cassette tape I had it for a while before I unfortunately ruin it. I kept looking for the next 17 years.



In know that Corina Katt Ayala has written more music but I would hope that she would return to the recording studio for a new album. I mean it's been 18 years since this album was released. Why not give fans like me and anyone else who remembers to do what you love. Create and make music. I have seen "Cradle Will Rock" but I know that in hearing this debut album music is key to life. So, if Grace Jones can return for a performance thne Corina should and hopefully will think of returning.

Norma Palacios
aka "forevermadonna"

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

Temptation is an incredible record, not sure why some girl band haven't covered it in the last 19 years - If the sugarbabes did this and banged a few decent remixes it would top 10 uk for sure.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home