Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hough starts country career with debut


Released: May 20, 2008

Two-time "Dancing with the Stars" champion Julianne Hough moves from the dance floor to the airwaves with the release of her debut Julianne Hough (Mercury Nashville Records) album and the result is not bad for a start.

But looks like there is such a drive to be the next superstar (a lá American Idol). However, if Michelle Branch, who starred out in pop music and had success with country music with The Wreckers debut album Stand Still, Look Pretty (Maverick Records) then I guess and hope that success for Hough.

There is one thing that I do think that Hough should work on, and that is have more vocal training. If you saw the performance on ABC's Good Morning America, at least for me there was no excitment with her music. She actually looked like a trophy standing up there. I don't know...but hey, I have to be honest.

Well, at least her brother makes an appearance on "Dreaming Under The Same Moon":

It's not always easy being this far apart
But don't you get the feeling
We're connected at the heart

And we're dreaming under the same moon
Under the same stars
I close my eyes, wishin'
I'm gonna see you soon
When I see that night sky glowin'
There's a peace I get from knowin'
That we're dreaming under the same moon
Under the same stars tonight

With this, the question did come up, will brother Derek follow with his own album?

Rating: 3 out 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home