Monday, February 25, 2008

Goldfrapp's 'A&E' is a ballad


Lead singer Allison Goldfrapp turns into a crooner with the Goldfrapp's latest single, A&E from the current album The Seventh Tree (Special Editon) (U.S. Mute). However, I do think that the lyrics are to short for a this song. That is my only complaint of this song.

There is no attempt to extend it to a more appealing circumstance. There should have been more thought into the lyrics of the song. But not to take away anything that Goldfrapp, (much like Gwen Stefani, front woman of No Doubt) she can hold her own.

It's a blue, bright blue Saturday, hey hey
And the pain is starting to slip away, hey hey

I'm in a backless dress on a pastel ward that's shining
Think I wan't you still
But there may be pills at work

Do you really wanna know how I was dancing on the floor?
I was trying to phone you when I'm crawling out the door
I'm amazed at you, the things you say that you don't do
Why don't you wreck?

I was feeling lonely, feeling blue
Feeling like I needed you
Like I'm walking up surrounded by me

A&E

How she holds her own is evident in the song, "Ohh, La, La" but again the lyrics work because the music accompaniment is insync.

Rating: 3½ out of 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home