Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Menzel takes her 'Brave' turn in song


Rent star Indina Menzel has released the first single from her upcoming album "I Stand" (Warner Bros. Records) titled, "Brave" and yes, it is the title of Jennifer Lopez's latest album.

Menzel, who is married to fellow Rent star Taye Diggs shows range with this song. The first time that she was heard and really noticed was with the famous musical based on Puccini La Boheme but more than anything what makes her appealing is she ability to control her voice.

What does that mean. Like with any artist the limits of your voice is important and being able to put emotion into a song is also important and that transcends through the lyrics of "Brave":

I don't know just where i'm going
and tomorrow it's a little overwhelming
and the air is cold and i'm not the same anymore
I've been running in your direction for too long now
I've lost my own reflection
and I can't look down if you're not there to catch me when I fall

If this is the moment I stand here on my own
If this is my right of passage that somehow leads me home
I might be afraid but it's my turn to be brave
If this is the last chance before we say goodbye
at least it's the first day of the rest of my life
I can't be afraid 'cause it's my turn to be brave


Menzel, who stars in the upcoming movie, "Enchanted" has the ability to have a long-standing career is ability to put emphasizes on the song that she sings. Like she has before with the Rent song, of "Take Me or Leave Me" (my personal favorite) Menzel moment of silence reflection is within the content of the song. Just too bad that fans of Menzel have to wait until her third solo album, "I Stand", is due Jan. 29, 2008. It will include new tracks such as "Brave", "I Stand", and "Gorgeous".


Rating: 4 out of 5

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home