Monday, November 05, 2007

Dion takes her 'Chances'


As her Las Vegas show, "A New Day" draws to a close in mid-December songbird Celine Dion returns for the first time in three years with a new album titled, Taking Chances (Sony Records) and the fact that fans will have the opportunity for extra footage of the show is only the beginning.

I have always considered Dion a strong voiced-carried artist, and that was evident when she debuted in 1992. However, what I question is, is if she is always stuck in the same pattern as the Backstreet Boys. But that is not to say that everything is bad with the album. I have always look toward creativity, risk, and balance within every artist. And that also includes reasons why an album is made the way it is.


Disc: 1
1. Taking Chances
2. Alone
3. Eyes On Me
4. My Love
5. Shadow Of Love
6. Surprise Surprise
7. This Time
8. New Dawn
9. A Song For You
10. A World To Believe In
11. Can't Fight The Feeling
12. I Got Nothing Left
13. Right Next To The Right One
14. Just Fade Away
15. That's Just The Woman In Me
16. Skies Of L.A.
Disc: 2
1. The Power Of Love
2. I Drove All Night
3. I Surrender
4. I Wish
5. A New Day (All Access)

I don't think Dion's strongest quality is finding that reason why, it is more of her voice...that range near the top, (yet, Mariah Carey she isn't) but like the song, "My Heart Will Go On" that totally changed the dynamics of her being that singer who can move a crowd. That happens in parts with this album.

Rating: 3 out of 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home