Monday, October 29, 2007

Britney's 'Blackout' of life on CD


Her life may take forever to repair with continued scrutiny of her personal life and behavior. In addition, with the custody fight with ex-hubby Kevin Federline I actually like Brit-Brit's offering with her fifth album but first since 2003's In the Zone, Blackout (Jive Records).

The first single, "Gimme More" is infectious and throughout the album, Spears opens up about her life right now, and if she pisses you off, she makes no apologies. Like in the song, "Piece of Me":

I'm Miss "Bad Media Karma"
Another day, another drama
Guess I can't see no harm
In working and being a mama
And with a kid on my arm
I'm still an exception, and everybody
Want a piece of me

I'm Mrs. "Lifestyles Of The Rich & Famous"
(You want a piece of me?)
I'm Mrs. "Oh My God, That Britney's Shameless!"
(You want a piece of me?)
I'm Mrs. "Extra! Extra! This Just In!"
(You want a piece of me?)
I'm Mrs. "she's too big, now she's too thin"
(You want a piece of me?)

Her voice is also keep critics wondering if she can really sing, given her disastrous performance at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards and say that thanks to the continuous use of machines that are featured throughout the album I still think that she needs to prove her fans wrong.

Rating: 3 out of 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home