Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Britney Spears wants 'More' in her comeback


Britney Spears has returned with new material and a new album, her first, since 2003's In the Zone (Jive Records). With the new song, "Gimme More" from her upcoming album to be released on Nov. 13 Spears shoots back at her critics, the paparazzi and everyone who doubted her. As the song starts off Spears teases the person whom she sees, and she proclaims:

It's Britney, bitch
I see you, and I just wanna dance with you

I have to say that although I am not a big fan of Spears that I say that this song is tolerable. I can't believe I am saying that but if she was looking toward a connection with her fan, there is one with this song. Although it doesn't have that Jennifer Lopez club feel that the song, "Doin' It Well" has, the fact that Spears can have a stable, and consistent vocal throughout the song is an amazing feat within itself:

Gimme gimme more
Gimme more
Gimme gimme more
Gimme gimme more
Gimme (Uh)
Gimme gimme more
Gimme gimme more
Gimme more
Gimme gimme more
Gimme gimme more
Gimme (Uh)
Gimme gimme more

Center of attention ('tention)
Even when they're up against the wall
You got me in a crazy position (Yeah)
If you're on a mission (Uh-uh)
You got my permission (Oh)

Spears I have to admit never has had that powerful voice that would want fans for her to comeback more often...I just think that I would have to wait until I hear the remix for the song to find out whether it was good enough for her to come back. On the surface, at least, she is okay.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home