Thursday, July 26, 2007

Billy Ray Cyrus returns 'Home at Last'


Billy Ray Cyrus, the recording artist, star of the Disney Channel's Hannah Montana and ABC's Dancing with the Stars returns with a family-oriented album Home At Last (Walt Disney Records). If you don't mind that the album is family-oriented Cyrus hasn't sounded better.

Now that Cyrus stars along side his daughter Miley it is evident that there is a close bond between them. It is evident within the lyrics of each song like with the song, "Ready, Set, Don't Go:

Looks like she's all ready to leave, nothin' left to pack
ain't no room for me in that car even if she asked me to tag along
God I've got to be strong

She's at the startin' line at the rest of her life
she's as ready as she's ever been
she's got the hunger and the stars of arise
the prize is hers to win
she's waitin' on my blessins before she hits that open road
Baby get ready,
get set,
don't go

1. Ready, Set, Don't Go
2. The Beginning
3. The Buffalo
4. Flying By
5. Brown Eyed Girl
6. Don't Give Up On Me
7. You've Got a Friend
8. You Can't Lose Me
9. I Can't Live Without Your Love
10. My Everything
11. Put a Little Love in Your Heart
12. Over the Rainbow
13. BONUS TRACK: Stand

Cyrus, who made a name for himself with the song, "Achy Breaky Heart" has matured with time yet he could resist doing the song, "Brown Eyed Girl":

Hey where did we go
Days when the rains came
Down in a hollow
Playin a new game

Laughin and a runnin
Skippin and a jumpin
In the misty mornin fog
Ah with our hearts a thumpin
Was you my brown eyed girl
You my brown eyed girl

Now what ever happened
Tuesday is oh so slow
Goin down the old mine with a
Transistor radio

Standin in a sunlit lane
Hidin hind a rainbows wall
Slippin and a slidin yeah
All along the waterfall
It was you my brown eyed girl
You my brown eyed girl

The music from that song is still is a hit no matter who does it.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home