Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Airwave Blog 2: J-Lo finds 'Como Ama Una Mujer'


I am not Jennifer Lopez's biggest fan, so I had to ask myself why I was reviewing a woman's career I could care less about. I sill have no idea but I am. Well, on her first Spanish-singing album Lopez's Como Ama Una Mujer (Sony Records) she gets help from her Grammy-nominated husband Marc Anthony. I guess the album is decent. I mean as soon as Lopez turned herself in slain singer Selena I think she can sing. Still I think with the film she should have done her own singing instead of lip-syncing throughout. But I have to admit that there are a few songs here and there that I like from her but unfortunately it is not all of them.

1. Qué Hiciste
2. Me Haces Falta
3. Como Ama Una Mujer
4. Te Voy A Querer
5. Por Que Te Marchas
6. Por Arriesgarnos
7. Tu
8. Amarte Es Todo
9. Apresurate
10. Sola
11. Adios

But remember what got her the name J-Lo in the first place was the movie with former ER star George Clooney. I mean that essentially made her a star and all. Does she have what it takes to be a Spanish singing sensation that is still yet-to-be determined but I know that she tried wholeheartedly to win over fans with her Spanish singing skills. It's fair but not great. She still has a lot of work to do until she wins me over with the vocals. I still think that Madonna has her on this one. Sorry, the Madonna freak came out of me on this one. I know that the Queen of Pop can sing in Spanish, I am just waiting for her to come out with an album in Spanish.

I know, I know what she might say. That she hates to follow people who have done it before; that is if someone does she didn't want to do it. I mean but look Lopez is a B actress and her voice could use some vocal training and then she can call herself a true all-around talent. But then again the fan will decide. Like I said it's okay but not that great.

Rating: 3 out of 5

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home